1. m&ms are so good. i will always be extremely partial to peanut m&ms but friday afternoon when i was feeling pretty crappy about life (rough day at work, bummed about caitlin, etc.), the 7-11 i went to only had peanuts in the sharing size and frankly i didn't think my willpower could withstand the temptation and i didn't really want to eat the whole bag myself. tear n' share? more like tear n' make yourself sick. so i opted for the normal sized bag of pretzel and they were glorious. i miss almond m&ms though - do they make those anymore? if so, can someone send them to me? i can't find them anywhere.
2. i like eggs all the time but eating them in the middle of the day is such a treat. i spent all day saturday after my run at home and when i wanted a snack in the afternoon nothing sounded quite as good to me as some eggs on a bagel. luckily i had eggs and i had a bagel, so i put the two together and i had myself a snack. doused in cholula? nothing better than that.
3. I'M BACK, BITCHES! after some really disastrous baking adventures, i finally made something successful. dreamy coconut sour cream muffins anyone? i had some sour cream on hand and i don't use it often (typically i opt for topping my tacos, etc. in greek yogurt because it makes me feel healthier about myself) so i knew i should try to get rid of it before it went bad. i was googling around for sour cream coffee cake recipes but i didn't have enough to make a whole cake. when i stumbled upon the above recipe it seemed too good to be true - i had all the ingredients on hand and these were made within short order. two were eaten while they were still warm and let me tell you - they're crispy on the outside from the coconut flakes and coconut oil and moist and perfect on the inside from the sour cream. if you like coconut make these, post haste.
4. i cannot get enough of this salad. chickpeas, grapes and feta is my new jam when it comes to salads. good thing grapes come in HUGE bags so i have an excuse to keep making this deliciousness.
5. i could run with this girl for days. it was cold saturday, the trail we were running on was covered in snow (at least on the way out anyway...miraculously it melted on our way back which made it far more pleasant) and my stomach wasn't feeling the hottest from several margaritas and a boatload of mexican food the night before, but somehow our 8-miler went by without too much difficulty. i love the social aspect of running and jess is one of the best running buddies out there.
6. the pancakes i had for breakfast yesterday while out at a diner with this gal looked nothing like the above pancakes. firstly, they weren't covered in mashed banana and pb2 syrup. secondly, they weren't burned. thirdly, they had a side of bacon and someone else made them for me. for all of those reasons (except maybe the first), they were far superior to those pancakes. and the company was better too since i ate the one's pictured above by my damn self before school one morning. i would like to spend every sunday morning running and then having breakfast with alex, please and thank you. i got in another 8-miler sunday for really no reason besides it felt nice to be outside. will i regret this decision when i can't do all the bootcamp workouts this week because my legs are too sore? probably. did i regret it while out in the fresh air? not for a moment. sometimes you just gotta run, ya know?
how were your weekends?